Monday, August 23, 2021

where your mind is, the body will go.

We all know running for its immense health benefits but what most of us lack is the discipline that is required to grow the habit of running and all other exercises. Like vitamins, these physical exercises require that you are consistent with them. We can't store their benefits in this our fading elastic body and expect to use them at a much later stage. 

A couple of months back I got serious with the whole body fitness thing. My mind had never been this ready for anything and my heart so anxious. The routine wasn't the problem, but the daily adjustments were. I would be very anxious to see the growth from one day to another. The growth was slow and gradual, so much so that sometimes I lost the patience. I wanted to feel the improvements and increase in my pace that until I started to feel lighter and faster I began to enjoy the pain. 

For me it was always the purpose that surpassed every pain I was up against and that was all the emotional muscle that I needed to build. The physical can be deceitful, but the mind must be up for a challenge. 

Often times, I reached where my body thought its limits were, but constantly I asked myself, what is the worst case scenario if I pushed beyond where my body wanted to resign. Well, I did, over and over again until my limitations were my stepping stones. 

I learnt that on the other side of your limits, is another floor for you to step on. Go beyond those ceilings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment